Ulzzang Makeup

Ulzzang Makeup/Life~: Hair Adventures + Dye Review [Photo Heavy]

1:10 PM

Hi hi friends~ Today, I'm gonna try something new: a hair dye review! :)

I am LOVING my new color! (Plus, I cut off about 6 inches of hair!)
(Side Note: So I know that Garnier isn't a Korean brand, but I thought it fell under the cosmetics side of the blog so you will find this post under the Ulzzang Makeup tab AND the Life~ tab!) 

I've dyed my hair around 4-5 times, with one time being at a professional salon. Having my hair dyed professionally was so nice but it took FOREVER and also took forever to get back to my natural hair color after like a year lol 

My hair grows out ridiculously fast (so my roots would start showing in about a month) so I decided to just go with a box dye so I could continuously keep dyeing my hair and it would be a lot cheaper than heading back to the salon~

I've dyed my hair a variety of browns like chocolate browns, lighter browns, & reddish browns. But ever since I've gotten into Ulzzang fashion and makeup, I have been dying to dye my hair a deep, dark red. The kind of red that looks like a black/brown, but when you go out into the sun has a deep red sheen to it. 


I think that my favorite ulzzang, Kim Shin Yeong, is what made me want to go a deep red in the first place lol
And of course, who could forget my top 3 biases in the k-pop scene who have gone red in the past?
This is f(x)'s Amber in Red Light.
She is my number 1 ultimate bias <3
This is Boyfriend's Kwangmin <3 
I am SO in love with this color on him!
I love these natural red tones he has in his hair.
Super duper handsome <3
And of course, who could forget BAP's Zelo! This has to be my fave picture of him!
I think red looks lovely on him~
Well, after my top 3 k-pop biases have gone some sort of red, I have decided that it is my time to go red/burgundy also! But a very subtle red that you can see in the sun~

Well, here are some shots of the Garnier Nutrisse hair dye box:
My hair is currently a cross between a dark brown & black, so I'm expecting to see the "black hair" results~
This looks like a super pretty color!
I've dyed my hair using box dyes multiple times, and this box dye isn't that different from the rest. 

I think the biggest downside to this box dye was that it was NOT ammonia free so it started smelled really bad like half way into dyeing my hair >-< I started getting a bit dizzy lol I think when dyeing your hair this color, you need to make sure you are wearing a shirt you don't mind getting dirty & a towel you don't mind ruining LOL

Here are some shots of my dyed hair!
-trying to hide my no makeup face- hehe
sort of reminds me of Kwangmin's purple-y color shown in one of the pictures above lol
I actually am surprised by this hair dye! I wasn't expecting the color to be this strong outside. To be honest, I was disappointed when I woke up this morning to find that my hair had gotten darker (I don't like dark hair on me). But when I walked out in the sun I was totally blown away! 

I would repurchase this dye again & would also recommend this dye to girls (and boys) who have traditional Asian black hair, because it actually turned out pretty nicely on me.

All in all, I would probably give this product a 4.5 out of 5!

Let me know what you guys think of my new hair color & thanks for reading!

Until next time,

      xoxo Payton <3


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Cute color:з

    New post http://kurumichiii.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I really like your new hair colour, I think the red suits you ^_^
    Followed your blog~

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fifi <3

      xoxo Payton

      Delete
  3. Wow! It's suits you beautifully dear! Love the outside color the most. Gorgeous. Great review on the product. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thank you <3
      I'd love it if we could follow each other!

      xoxo Payton

      Delete
    2. Thx bunches Payton, just followed back. Please keep in touch. xox

      Delete
  4. Great review! This color looks so nice on you ;u;
    --Kiyomi xx
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kiyomi <3

      xoxo Payton

      Delete
  5. Black Cherry looks so good! Would you like to follow each others blogs?

    zxuantan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you <3
      And sure! I'd love to~

      xoxo Payton

      Delete

I love reading your guys' comments! Feel free to leave a comment & follow for more~