Ulzzang Makeup

SKINFOOD Omija Whitening Sheet Mask Review [Photos Included]

7:52 PM

Hi K-partiers~ How're you guys doing? :)

Well, I have had this sheet mask sitting on my desk for months after I wrote my haul post about it HERE, and I have finally gotten around to actually using & reviewing it lol 

This mask is from one of my favorite Korean cosmetics brands, SKINFOOD. SKINFOOD is actually the brand that I featured in my 1st Blogiversary giveaway :)

I picked up this mask because 1) My younger sister has raved about how great SKINFOOD's sheet masks are and 2) because I absolutely LOVE whitening/brightening products because I've grown up using them. 

I have used a plethora of Korean sheet masks, but this one totally took me by surprise!

I have read a handful of reviews on this mask, and a lot of people have complained that the mask kept on slipping off of their faces. Personally, I had absolutely no problems at all with this mask slipping off. This mask stuck to my face perfectly as I worked on my AP Government homework lol I've never had problems with sheet masks slipping off of my face.

The second I opened this product, I was shocked to see a thick, lotion-like substance drip from the packaging. In all of the sheet masks I have used in the past, the masks had been soaking in a clear, thin, and liquid-y substance. But THIS mask was basically soaking in lotion LOL That totally surprised me; I had never used a facial mask that was lotion-like before!

Another thing that surprised me was that this mask actually comes in TWO pieces! When I had pulled out half of the mask, I had thought that I had accidentally torn the mask in half. But it turned out that the mask was divided into upper and lower face sections! I had never used a 2 piece sheet mask until this mask~

this was taken after I used it; before use this mask was sopping in a lotion-like serum >.<
One major complaint I have is that the cutouts are super strange! The mouth slit is WAY too small! I don't know about you, but I have very full lips and this sheet mask covered the outline of my lips, so some of my tinted lip balm got on the lower half of the sheet mask -_-

Also, the eye slits are too close to each other lol I feel like the outer corners of my eyes on either side of my face were almost covered by this mask. And, I feel like the nose area is strangely wide lol


Yet the formula of the sheet mask's serum felt very soothing and cooling on my face; it was pretty relaxing and enjoyable. 
-natural lighting & no editing-


Pros

  • very soothing & relaxing
  • my face felt pretty refreshed after wearing
  • I do feel like me skin looked a bit more glow-y and brighter
  • left my skin feeling smooth
  • the 2 piece mask makes it easier to personalize the fitting of the mask on your face
  • stuck on my face nicely; didn't slip off at all
  • was super moisturizing!!!

Cons

  • mouth slit was WAY too small for me
  • eye slits were too close to each other
  • the sheet mask serum was a bit too thick & messy for my liking (it was basically like lotion)
  • it had a kind of perfume-like scent that was a bit intoxicating after a while
  • it's hard to get your hands on if you don't like ordering online/if you don't live near a physical SKINFOOD Store

Rating

*pic from google :D

Would I repurchase?

To be completely honest, I probably would not repurchase this item. This mask seemed like more of a moisturizing mask than a brightening mask. Because I have such oily skin, I try to stay away from moisturizing products because they tend to suffocate my skin and make it feel uncomfortably sticky. 

I seriously recommend this product to you if you have dry skin! 

So that pretty much sums up my review! I hope you guys found this review helpful and informational~ Let me know if you guys have any questions about this product in the comments! I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about this product! :)

Lastly, I'd just like to thank you guys so much for all of the love and support you all have given me lately~ It gives me a bunch of confidence and happiness when you guys leave kind comments for me! 

Thanks so much for reading with me & until next time,

xoxo Payton


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your guys' comments! Feel free to leave a comment & follow for more~