Life~

Life Update: University bound

3:25 PM

Happy K-Party Wednesday~ 

Aaand I'm super washed out in this photo -.- such a nerd 
I've decided to bring myself back down to earth with a low key life update entry. This school year has been so crazy, it being my final year in high school, that I would seldom just take a moment and blog about myself. 

My senior year ends in about 6 weeks (more or less) and I'm excited, nervous, and a bit sad to be leaving a lot of my friends behind. 

This post talks a bit about my future campus, what I'll be studying/majoring in, and how I feel about "growing up" and moving on to university month soon. 

Keep reading for a slice of my life <3

If you hadn't already found out in one of my previous posts, I got accepted into my first choice university! I'm ecstatic and thrilled about getting in. The university campus is SO BIG and absolutely gorgeous! We have our own lagoon & private beach access :D 

It's a bit like going to school at a resort lol  
This is an aerial view of my university's campus :D
I'm entering as a Pre-biology major and am planning on specifically majoring in Aquatic Biology (although my alternative majors are Ecology/Evolution or Zoology). It's kind of perfect because my campus is literally right off the beach. Like just a few paces away from our marine bio facility lol I'm also planning on minoring in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
Honestly, my university is like a dream come true. The only down side to it is that it's like 5 hours away from home lol But I'm going to be a university student in the fall, so I'll need to learn how to live on my own lol Please share any advice with me, college students!!!

All this year, I've wanted everything to go fast because I wanted to get it all over with. But, now that we only have about 6 more weeks of high school left, everything is just starting to hit me now. 
All of my best friends that I hang out with at school, plus my boyfriend, are staying in our hometown for college. I'm the only one, out of my close friends, that is moving away for university. That really kind of makes me sad knowing that they'll all be able to keep in contact easier with each other, while I'll be like 5 hours away in UCSB. I guess it'll be a new chapter in my life :D
"distance is just another test"
It's such a strange thought that the people that I've known since elementary/middle school and I will be parting ways for, well, forever essentially (unless they're going to the same uni as I am lol) I'm curious to see how many of my high school friends will remain in my life when I go off into university life. 
So, if you made it to the end of this post without getting bored and exiting my blog, I highly commend you lol Thank you for being a trooper and letting me share a slice of my life with you. 

Honestly, in this day and age, I feel like most bloggers only care about 'follow for follows' and how many comments they get on each post. I think so many people get caught up in the desire for fame and popularity that they forget about their passion (if they ever had any) lol I, myself, am trying to move away from that tendency. 

Anywho, thanks again for reading this lengthy, personal post!

By the way, if you're a college student or if you've already graduated, please share any advice you have with me! It'd be strongly appreciated <3

Until next time, 

xoxo Payton

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your guys' comments! Feel free to leave a comment & follow for more~