Life~

10 Life Lessons I Learned While in High School

3:40 PM

Happy K-Party Wednesday!

Oh my goodness, as of today, I only have 2 more days left in my high school career. I cannot believe how fast time has flown by. Where in the world did freshman year go???

Being a graduating senior in high school, there are so many things that I've learned about myself and society in general while in high school. Most of the things that I've learned are pretty miscellaneous but I wanted to share a bit with you guys about my personal experiences through out high school. 

Keep reading for 10 life lessons that I personally learned in high school!

1) I learned that I should focus on myself.

Throughout high school, I had the tendency to spread myself too thin in order to please others. That is honestly one of the biggest mistakes you can make. I realized that the only person that I truly need to please is myself. 

2) I learned that I shouldn't let homework and studying deprive me of having fun.

There are too many times throughout high school where I'd let homework, tests, and the need to study consume my life. I would stress out to the point where I'd refuse to let myself go out or take a break because I always prioritized school work over play. 

Now I've come to learn that I need to love myself a bit more. Nowadays, I let myself take a little nap before doing any hardcore work or studying lol


3) I learned that I should never ever spread myself too thin. 

Oh boy, did I totally spread myself too thin in junior year. I was doing way too many things in junior year, especially because I was president of a community service club. As rewarding as all of my activities were, I absolutely hated junior year. I hated everything that I was doing & I hated that I never had a time to breathe and relax. 

I am never going to torture myself like that again lol


4) I learned that grades do not define how kind and good of a person you are.

I honestly still stress out about grades that aren't A's, but I think that's how all intellectuals are lol Yet, I've come to realize that it is NOT the end of the world when you get a 'bad grade'. You just needa try harder and not give up.


5) I learned that some people are just not worth your time.

This is a lesson that has taken me so long to learn. I am really still trying to grasp this concept. I have wasted so much time striving to win over and hurting over guys who really don't even have any interest in me. Like, no use in crying over someone who would't cry over you. 


6) I learned that I should be more assertive and voice my opinions when I am not pleased.

If there is anything that I truly regret, it is not saying how I truly feel or saying what's on my mind. I've come a long way since then, and I am starting to voice my (typically suppressed) negative views and opinions. 


7) I learned that I don't need a boyfriend or significant other to be happy. 

I've held off on dating through out high school, because I wanted nothing less than a sincere, true relationship. I'm glad I opted out of having shallow, week long romances like all of the petty girls in my school lol

*I currently have a boyfriend now, though, I'm as happy with him as I was before him.*


8) I learned that my time spent with my best friends is precious and priceless. 

It's just now starting to sink in that my time with my friends is very limited. As all of my best friends are staying in our home town and I am the only one moving *6 hours* away, I'm starting to cherish my moments with them as much as I can.


9) I learned that I most likely would not have been the person I am today without the influence of my close friends. 

Even though my close friends and I will be apart, they truly did leave a mark on me. They  helped to build me up into the radiant, strong person I am today and I will forever be thankful for that.


10 ) I learned that when you truly care for someone and love them, you will never give up on them. 

Oh dear, this quote sums up my boyfriend and I. We started dating so late in the year, and now high school is ending. We are not going to college in the same area (we'll be 6 hours apart) but as of right now, we're not ready to give up on us. 

I love sharing little parts of my life with you guys. I seriously can't believe I only have 2 more days left in my high school career. I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye just yet.

Thanks so much for reading & until next time, 

xoxo Payton

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your guys' comments! Feel free to leave a comment & follow for more~