Life~

My Healthy Lifestyle + Weight loss

11:15 AM

Happy K-Party Wednesday! 

I have never really shared a lifestyle post, but I wanted to share with you guys how I made a change in my life for the better. 

In the high school that I graduated from, physical education class was only required in freshman and sophomore year (the first 2 out of 4 years in high school). If you passed the physical education class in sophomore year, you didn't need to take it in junior or senior year (the last 2 years in high school).

I had of course passed my physical education class in sophomore year, so I was free from being forced to work out in school! Great, right? Wrong! I realized that I really never worked out outside of my physical education class, so now that I didn't have P.E. anymore I never worked out. 

I was never over weight, but I had pretty much remained the same height since middle school. I am still 5'2 (I think that's roughly 158 cm?) and I have graduated high school lol 

As I progressed through high school, my height remained the same but my weight would increase. 

But, in my senior year of high school I decided to make a change. When I changed my lifestyle for the better, I dropped over 15 pounds and felt way better about myself. 

Keep reading to see what healthy changes I made~


1) No more overeating! More portion control!

This is an actual picture of my mini lunch box. Those are miniature oranges lol
I think that one of my biggest problems was that I ALWAYS over ate. I'm really tiny, so I really shouldn't be eating a ton of food unless I was an Olympic athlete or something lol 

What I did to control my portions was that I went over to a Korean market place and I bought a mini lunch container with a bunch of little separators to help portion your meals. I bought the smallest one available, which could at most hold a small sandwich.
I got creative with it and usually packed half of the mini container with fruit or vegetables, and the other half with some fish. 

2) Run at least twice a week!

I run on my little elliptical machine!
On to my next problem, I NEVER worked out. So, I slowly began to incorporate running into my hectic school schedule by running on Saturdays and Sundays for at least 20-30 minutes non stop. 

After getting used to that, I'd switch it up by running about every other day in a week. It's very tiring for a person that used to never work out, but I loved the feeling of accomplishment after!

3) Use the "Half Rule" when eating out!

Save the other half for later!
This rule can be hard if you were raised to always finish what's on your plate, but trust me, this works! 

The "Half Rule" is when you would only finish half of your entree at a restaurant when eating out, and take the other half home to finish another day or for dinner. 

For example, I had a tuna melt & fries and a restaurant a few weeks ago. I only ate half of my sandwich and half of my fries. The rest I took home to eat for dinner later on that day. 

I found this rule super helpful because I never got that sickeningly "full" feeling after I used it. I never felt bloated or fat after using the "Half Rule". And on the bright side, you won't need to buy lunch or dinner later because you have your lovely left overs~ 

4) Drink more green tea!

There are many studies on the various benefits of drinking green tea. Green tea can boost your metabolism a bit & can help you lose/maintain your weight. 

I personally like to have green tea before and with my meals! I feel like have a nice cup of green tea helps keep me from over eating. 

5) Never get discouraged & stay motivated!

This is a huge step in crossing over to a healthier life style. I got so frustrated when I first began incorporating healthy habits into my life. When I first began, I barely saw any change in my weight and it would fluctuate a bit.

But you have to realize that habits tend to take about 2 months to kick in, so don't be discouraged & stay motivated! If I had given up in December when I first started making changes, I would have never lost over 15 pounds and gotten to where I am now. 
Here's a picture that I took a few days ago! My legs & tummy have slimmed down a lot since 2014. 
Last but not least, I'm sure that you're all curious of my start weight and my current weight. Below is a picture of me wearing the exact same skirt in August 2014 and February 2015. As you can see below, my waist, arms, & legs have definitely slimmed down. 
BEFORE: About 120-122 pounds?
AFTER: 105 pounds :D (Around 46 kg?)
I hope I was able to help you guys out & maybe even inspire you guys to lead healthier lives~ 


Let me know about any tips you have for healthy living in the comments! I'd love to hear <3

Thanks so much for reading & until next time, 

xoxo Payton



You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your guys' comments! Feel free to leave a comment & follow for more~